Friday, February 20, 2015

#BookReview - Fear of Striking Out - Romance

TITLE: Fear of Striking Out
AUTHOR: Lyssa Layne
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RATING: 5 stars


Shortstop Tate James has been traded from the all-American town of Milwaukee to the trendy City of Angels. 

Pink hair, manscaping, dogs in purses... not his thing. This ball player is less than excited about his new hometown. That is until he crosses paths with beautiful Mia Tomko. She lets him know that not all L.A. women are just after fame and fortune.

As Tate and Mia find that their interest in each other isn't the only thing they have in common, neither are prepared for what their future holds. 

When someone from both of their pasts arrives, will it tear them apart or make them closer?

~~My Review~~

I was happy to get to read the continuation of Layne’s baseball books. I think this second book is even better than the first. Mia and Tate are a couple I really enjoyed reading. While Mia is running from a bad past and Tate should be focused on his position on the new team, there is something that keeps drawing them together. Even with the long distances that separate them at times, this slow burn romance makes you want things to work out for the pair.

One thing that impressed me the most was Mia and how strong she really was. Sure, she’d had a rough life and a past that is hard to handle, but she is a strong heroine and someone to admire.

It was also nice to have Collie and Grant get in on some of the action in this book, like revisiting old friends.

This author continues to improve and I enjoyed this story.

~~Book Links~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!