Monday, August 27, 2012

#BookReview Books I Love ~ Deadlocked

Okay folks, so sorry it has been a long time since I posted a book I loved. With my rheumatoid arthritis problems, I literally could not hold my books. Deadlocked I bought in hardback format when it first came out, and quickly found I couldn't read it. My family did buy me a Kindle for my birthday last month, which has solved my problem nicely. I'm able to prop it up next to me if holding it becomes too difficult. So, I've been reading once again, and so happy to be doing so!

DeadlockedCharlaine Harris - Deadlocked:  4 stars

Honestly, I almost didn't buy Deadlocked for the Kindle. The price was a little steep for an ebook I already paid for in hardback, and the 1-star reviews this book generated didn't encourage me in paying the price a second time. However, the Sookie Stackhouse books have been some of my most favorite ever, so I went ahead and got it, hoping for the best. I'm glad I did. While I would only give this book 4 stars, I definitely don't think it deserved the 1-star reviews, and I'm looking forward to the last book in the series scheduled to come out next year.

Sookie and Eric have a lot of problems in this book and Sookie is trying to decide what direction she wants her life to go. While I would agree with the reviews complaining that Eric doesn't receive enough page time, Vampire Bill made a lot of appearances, and it was nice to have him in the spotlight again.

The faries are restless and Sookie is caught in the middle of both farie and vampire issues, trying to keep herself out of trouble and stay alive - as usual. It is a nice, quick read that I finished in a few days. A lot of questions posed in the series are answered, but there is still plenty of mystery left as far as what will happen in the 13th and final book. I would still count this series among one of my favorites and I recommend this book.

Happy reading everyone! Have a terrific week!

~ Chantel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!