Monday, April 23, 2012

Books I Love 4/23 ~ Think Fast Die Last


This is the first self-published/Indie book I have offered up on this blog. I read this book last week, and I tore through it in only a few days. It's a very fast paced and enjoyable book. I have Elliston's other book, Tick Tock Run, downloaded to my computer, and I can't wait until I have a chance to read it!

From the opening line, H.C. Elliston's Think Fast Die Last is a non-stop, can't put it down thriller. I found the characters to be engaging and likable, and I quickly grew attached to them. I fearfully read through the situations the main character, Jenna, finds herself trapped in, caught up in the story and concerned for her well-being. I thought Elliston's villains were convincingly portrayed as well.

I don't want to give too much away, but situation after situation arises in this book. Elliston's weaves a complex, fast-paced plot. Just when I thought surely the tension must slow, that things would settle down a bit, something else would happen to leave me breathless and quickly turning pages.

Just for clarification, I see this has been tagged as a romantic suspense. While there are some romantic elements, to me this book is better classified as a action/thriller/suspense with some romantic themes.

If you are looking for something that you can read in just a few sittings, and you enjoy books with a lot of action, this is the book for you. It is great!

What are you reading? Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!