Monday, November 5, 2012

#BookReview ~ Only In Her Dreams #Paranormal #Romance

A new type of Paranormal Romance dealing with Greek Mythology and Demigods!

Only In Her Dreams


Author: Christina McKnight
My rating: 5 stars



As promised during the release for this book, I'm now sharing my opinion. I've been so excited to put this review up! I really can't recommend this book enough. I couldn't put it down. It's an automatic add for my re-read pile. 

I thought I would have a difficult time getting into the book when I realized how many different points of view there were. I worried it would be hard to follow along or feel like I knew the characters on a deep level. However, that is not the case at all. Christina McKnight's writing style is very engaging and easy to read. I loved all the characters, even the bad guys. 

Here's my take on the story, since I already shared the blurb in a previous post: With Lucessa being human and Maxim a demigod, a romance between them seems doomed from the start; after all, they come from two different worlds. However, Maxim has guarded over Lucessa her entire life, and she can't help but be attracted to this familiar stranger. He also fights his attraction to her, as a demigod is not allowed to live with or love a human. Thrown in close proximity with her so he can offer protection from forces who want to use Lucessa for their own purpose, he has a hard time fighting his true feelings.

Of course, what good would any book be without a great villain? Though I have to say, I actually sort of sympathized with Darius, and I was excited to learn at the end of this book that there are plans to tell his story.

A wonderful start to this series with a slightly different spin than other books I've read. I love the Greek mythology aspect to this. Great debut novel for Christina McKnight! I look forward to reading more from her, and also re-reading ONLY IN HER DREAMS, in the future!


Happy reading everyone! Have a wonderful week!

eeeChantelfff
P.S. Don't forget my new policy and read the samples before you buy! Everyone's tastes are different. 

2 comments:

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!