Friday, November 23, 2012

Spotlight on H.C. Elliston ~ Suspense Thriller Author

I am so excited to have H.C. Elliston here today for an interview. She recently released her latest book, Shiver Sweet, and it is her third thriller/suspense novel! I’m so happy to have you here! Tell us a little bit about your books. 

Thrillers is the genre that really lights me up, but it has to include romance! Perhaps I am a little twisted, but I enjoy throwing characters into awful situations, and watching them either lose or keep their heads while figuring a way out. There's usually a murder or two in my books, plenty of bad guys (or gals) action scenes and a love story - some light, but in 'Shiver Sweet' I've written far steamier scenes. 


We are definitely of like minds here. I, too, love the thrill, but have to have some romance included. What do you love about writing? What do you hate? 

I love the freedom of letting my imagination run riot, and... killing people for a living!

The first draft is my least favourite part - the scary blank canvas! Yikes. I prefer it when the first draft is done and I have something to pull apart. 

Killing people for a living! That is a perfect answer. I always worry what people would think if they ever checked my computer's browser history. We have to research some weird things to commit so many murders and get away with them! ;-)

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it? 

Instead of throwing things around the room, I just write dialogue until the scene shapes up. If that doesn't work, I do another activity because ideas tend to pop up when I'm not consciously thinking about them. 

What do you like to do when you're not writing? 

I run a pet art business, so I'd usually be doing some form of doggie artwork or crafting, and then gossiping in the post office while I mail orders. Other than that, I walk my two dogs, watch films in the dark, sing nursery rhymes to my niece, make animations for my sister, or go shopping with my partner and his children. 

I've seen some of your art work on Facebook - beautiful! Sounds like you have a busy, happy life!  What’s next for you? 

I am working on a short story, a romantic thriller about a group of people on a business trip in Singapore in which everyone is out to get everyone else. I've been lucky enough to visit Singapore several times so figured I'd use that knowledge. It's an amazing place! 

I can't wait to read it! I know, I know, I have to wait. Still, sounds exciting!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me for a while and letting my readers get to know you better!  Everyone, read on below to find out more about Helen, her books, and where you can get them.

H.C. Elliston's Biography
Helen was born in Cheshire but now lives in West Yorkshire, UK. She runs a small, but international pet art business, is a trustee for an animal rescue charity, a vegetarian, an aunt, dogmum x2, stepmum x3 (minus the marriage certificate) and has an unquenchable passion for writing. 



Check out H.C. Elliston's books:



US Amazon Link

SHIVER SWEET

DON’T LOOK UP. THEY’RE WATCHING YOU...

Christa has a secret so big that her husband John is using it as blackmail in their divorce. He is out for revenge because - although she won’t admit it - Christa is still in love with the man with whom she shares this secret; the man whose fiery girlfriend slams Christa at every opportunity. 

To protect her teenage daughter from a horrid truth, Christa must agree to John’s demands by the morning. But her world is about to rip wide open, and turn into life or death, when housemate Nicola discovers that John is the least of their problems; he’s not the only one wretched enough to exploit them.




THINK FAST DIE LAST
US Amazon Link
TRAPPED... 
Seemingly unrelated crimes of murder, software scams and drug trafficking collide when two couples on the run take refuge in an isolated forest cabin. They are the victims of an apparent double booking... or was the meet planned?

HUNTED... TAKEN...
Armed men descend upon the retreat at midnight. They hold the couples hostage before shooting their way inside on command. 

But which gang are they? And which couple have they come for?
~~
Think Fast Die Last is a twisty, ACTION-BASED THRILLER.

Ordinary people in an extraordinary situation.
Hostages, chase scenes, gangs, ziplining, an unwitting spy and some romantic themes...



TICK TOCK RUN
US Amazon Link


TRUST NO ONE. SUSPECT EVERYONE.
Someone's coming for Chelsea – a killer who will stop at nothing until she’s dead.

WARN THE PREY...
Instead of enjoying her best friend’s hen evening, receptionist Chelsea Denham is wondering why Lee, a handsome stranger in the bar, is questioning people about phrases she received by email that morning:
‘Tick Tock. Your number’s up. People have to pay for what they’ve done.’
The email contains a ticking countdown timer.

A TENSE GAME OF REVENGE.
While police investigate, Chelsea teams up with Lee. She is about to encounter the worst week of her life, face guilt head-on and have her loyalty tested while frightened out of her home, menaced and used as bait.

COUNTDOWN TO DEATH...
Her troubled best friend is forced to reveal a dark secret and her deepest fears. It puts a new slant on the problem but, according to Lee, the stakes haven’t altered; when the countdown timer in the email reaches zero... you die.

Happy reading, everyone! Have a fantastic weekend!

eeeChantelfff

P.S. Don't forget my policy to read the samples before you buy! Everyone's tastes are different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!