Monday, November 19, 2012

#BookReview ~ Sixth South by Michele Shriver

Book:    Sixth South
Author:  Michele Shriver
Genre:  Women's Literature/Fiction
My rating:  5 stars

Sixth South is such a great book! I loved the way the lives of these four women were interwoven, blending together as these friends shared (or hid) their various problems from the others. The thing I love about Michele Shriver's writing is she always tackles issues that I think are relevant and interesting. Re-entering the dating world after being widowed? Abuse? Addiction? Equal rights? Each women has their own trials to deal with, and it is interesting to watch them work through their problems. Friendships are destroyed, love blossoms, political battles are faced. There is a lot to this book, and I couldn't read it fast enough.

If you read Shriver's first book, After Ten, you will be delighted to see some of your favorite characters back in the spotlight. I especially love Sarah and Kelsey. They are so funny, often making me laugh out loud. You don't need to have read After Ten to enjoy this book, though. I read Sixth South first and liked it so much I went back to read After Ten. Each one stands alone. The other characters in this book are great as well. I love Olivia! She is an awesome character and her scenes are so sweet!

One of the ways I judge a book is whether or not I would read it again. I will most certainly be reading Six South again in the future! Another terrific book from this author. I look forward to her next one. In the meantime, I'll have to be content re-reading After Ten and Six South.

Amazon Product Link
Barnes & Noble Product Link

Happy reading everyone!
eeeChantelfff
P.S. Don't forget my new policy and read the samples before you buy! Everyone's tastes are different. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Chantel. Looks interesting. I always enjoy books with multiple narrators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Kimberly. This is woven in a really great style. I enjoyed a lot. Happy reading!

      Delete

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!