Friday, November 1, 2013

#BookReview ~ Breaking the Rules by Melinda Dozier


Title: Breaking the Rules
Author: Melinda Dozier
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5 stars



A forbidden love affair in the past has led Hope Robinson, a middle school principal, to Harbor Bay, Florida, where she commits herself to play by the rules. This can be difficult for a perpetual klutz, who - even strapped in a cast - has to uphold a competent attitude at all times.

Luckily, she has Dr. Colin Calaway on her side, a widower and father of a student, who is ready to give love another try. When Colin convinces Hope they should explore the connection between them, a steamy romance develops, though it could destroy them both. They must decide if their jobs - and their hearts - are worth the risk.

Sensuality Level: Sensual


Barnes & Noble Link




My review:

I loved this story. I first read it as a beta reader and then again once it was published by Crimson Romance. The very first thing that struck me was how much I identified with Hope. Clumsy to the point of being a "frequent flyer" at the doctor's office, she is also really sweet and overall someone I felt was a good person. I connected with her right away and really liked her. 

Bring on Dr. McSteamy and we have a hot romance going on. Granted, a forbidden one since the good doctor is also the parent of a student at Hope's school. Their love has some starts and stops, and Hope tries to hold onto her head and keep her heart separate. Though there were a lot of great scenes, I have to say I loved their date and the beach party!

The real stealer of the show was little Jason, Colin's son. He likes Hope and it is obvious that kid needs a mom. I just wanted to reach out and hug him! Overall, another great read by Melinda! Looking forward to her next!

Happy reading friends! Have a fantastic weekend!!
~~ Chantel ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!