Monday, November 10, 2014

Excerpt - The Salty Carmel Christmas - Romancing Christmas


This week I've released the Romancing Christmas boxed set, with nine other great romance authors. During our first day of sales yesterday, we've shot up the charts and have been #1 in Holiday Fiction!! To kick off this release, once a day over the first two release weeks, I'll be posting an excerpt from each story. Take a look and then go buy this awesome set, priced at just 99 cents for its introduction! Grab it now before the price rises! Now, for today's book excerpt:

Romancing Christmas: 10 Love Stories to Spice up the Holidays ~EXCERPTS EDITION~

Multi-author boxed set
Release Date: November 3, 2014
Genre: Holiday Romance
Cover Artist: http://www.bellamediamanagement.com/

~~Blurb~~
Do you like your Christmas nice...or a little naughty? Bring the season into your heart with love stories to match your mood. This boxed set from 10 of today’s hottest romance authors will warm your heart even on the coldest night.

~~Purchase Links~~
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Apple iBooks
KOBO

The Salty Carmel Christmas by Barbara Lohr





Nothing ever changes for Rachel Morgan in Paris, Indiana. And then Eli kisses her. When Rachel returns home for Christmas, she’s not exactly the family success story. The soft-spoken guy with killer blue eyes makes Rachel take a second look. Paris offers her a second chance. Sometimes life can be like a salty Christmas carmel—sweet but with a tang you remember. Sometimes the boy you leave behind is the man you want forever. 








~~Excerpt~~

Eli tasted like popcorn and hot chocolate, warm except for his cold cheeks. Soft and searching, his lips nudged mine and they opened. Excitement ignited in my chest like Mr. Wheatman’s lights. Clutching Eli’s arms, I fell into the kiss until I couldn’t catch my breath and pulled away, panting.

Panting, for Pete’s sake. And this was Eli.

“Hey, Eli?” I whispered, palms flat on his chest.

His eyes opened. “What?”

“Nothing.” I tipped my face up for more.

A makeout session in front of my house in broad daylight on Christmas seemed wicked. People were leaving for their relatives, trunks full of cranberry jello molds, Christmas cookies and gifts.

Time to come to our senses, not that it was easy.

“That was so nice, Eli. Really,” I whispered.

“Nice?” He pressed his lips together, like he had when he came over to fix my computer, loping up our walk like a middle school Ichabod Crane.

Ichabod had filled out. My mouth dried at the difference.

I ran one hand up, feeling his heart thud under my palm. “More than nice, okay?”

“What are you doing Friday night?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!