Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Romancing Christmas Excerpt ~ Insanity Claus


This week I've released the Romancing Christmas boxed set, with nine other great romance authors. During our first day of sales yesterday, we've shot up the charts and have been #1 in Holiday Fiction!! To kick off this release, once a day over the first two release weeks, I'll be posting an excerpt from each story. Take a look and then go buy this awesome set, priced at just 99 cents for its introduction! Grab it now before the price rises! Now, for today's book excerpt:

Romancing Christmas: 10 Love Stories to Spice up the Holidays ~EXCERPTS EDITION~

Multi-author boxed set
Release Date: November 3, 2014
Genre: Holiday Romance
Cover Artist: http://www.bellamediamanagement.com/

~~Blurb~~
Do you like your Christmas nice...or a little naughty? Bring the season into your heart with love stories to match your mood. This boxed set from 10 of today’s hottest romance authors will warm your heart even on the coldest night.

~~Purchase Links~~
Insanity Claus by Carolyn Hughey

A widow of two years, Mallory Gardner is struggling to keep her business alive and still function in her dysfunctional family. Having two daughters, one of which who blames Mallory for her father’s death is enough to test anyone’s sanity. But when Arden J. Miller waltzes into town, he has other ideas—like capturing Mallory’s heart even though love is the last thing on her mind.


Can two irresistible forces deal with immovable objects, or will the effects of the holiday spirit help resolve issues previously thought to be unsolvable?

Website:
 www.carolynhughey.com 
Facebook:
 http://on.fb.me/YUamEZ 
Twitter:
 www.twitter.com/ScribBLINGDIVA



~~EXCERPT~~

“My, my. Someone’s happy. That must mean you met a woman.”

“Now, there you go again.”

“So who is she?”

He grinned. “You always could read me quite well, couldn’t you?”

“Well, I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck, you know. I know infatuation when I see it. Now, who is she?”

“I doubt you’d know her.”

“Do you now?” She snickered. “As the municipal clerk, I know everyone. They may not know me, but I know them.”

“All right,” he said with a huff. “Her name is Mallory Gardner.”

“Ah, see. I do know her. She owns the Christmas shop in town.” She raised her hands. “And?”

“No ands. I’m just trying to get her to have coffee with me but she refuses.”

“You know she lost her husband in a motorcycle accident, don’t you?” she said in a hushed voice as though afraid someone could hear her.

“No. At this point, she’s avoiding me, my questions, and having coffee with me.”

“There was always something fishy about the way he died,” she continued. “In the mountains with young drug addicts.” She gave a disgusted shake of her head. “A wife and two kids; the man had no business trying to act like a teenager.”

“That must have been really hard for her. Maybe that’s why she’s so reluctant to get involved.”

“Ask her to help decorate that tree you just brought into the garage,” she said with a grin.

“Geez! Can’t I get anything by you?”

“I’m afraid not,” she said, filling the bowls. “Here,” she said gruffly, “grab this basket of biscuits and bring them to the table.”

“I wanted to surprise you,” he said in a huff. “You stole my thunder.”

“I’m sorry, but if you want to give me the perfect gift, find a woman and settle down.”

“By Christmas?”

“Why? You think that’s too soon?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!