Monday, June 10, 2013

#BookReview ~ Time Changes Everything ~ Romance

Title:     Time Changes Everything
Author: Melinda Dozier
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5 stars!






Amanda Larson is dedicated to her job and doesn’t want to make time for anything else. Until she runs into Jake Edwards. He used to be the cute boy next door; now he’s a sexy, big shot lawyer.

Jake Edwards isn’t interested in commitment. He’s successful, sexy, and single–and that’s how he likes it. When he reconnects with Amanda, Jake realizes he might have to rethink his philosophy on the carefree, bachelor lifestyle.

But, is it too late for them? Or can he convince her that he’s ready to give her his heart?
Amazon Kindle Link






My Review:
I read Time Changes Everything for the  first time on Critique Circle when I met Melinda and we learned the ins and outs of writing together. Though some things have changed after Melinda's editor had a go at this, at heart, it is still the story I loved when first reading it. I will say, however, there are some new scenes that I really liked. Wow! Sensual with a bit of sizzle. A fun read!

Amanda thinks there is nothing more important than her big shot in the fashion industry and she is much too busy to be going out for her friend's birthday party. However, it is a long standing tradition and so she can't disappoint them. She never expected to run into her long-time crush, Jake, who used to live next door to her. To her surprise, her feelings haven't changed, and the attraction is immediate. 

There are times when Amanda makes her life more difficult than she has to, but I understood why she did it. She is afraid to trust what she is feeling, and she also doesn't want to lose the things she has worked so hard for in her career. 

Jake, though unwilling to commit in the past to a woman, is actually a very swoon-worthy male who I quite enjoyed. He will have his hands full convincing his "Mandy" that they should become something permanent and tell their parents - who have likely had the pairs' wedding planned for years anyway. 

I loved the chemistry between Jake and Amanda. This is actually the very first contemporary romance I had ever read (shocker, I know, but I'm usually about the suspense stuff), and I thought it was a lot of fun. The secondary characters are all great as well, but Mandy's niece stole the show for me and I really enjoyed her. 

All in all, a bang up job for Melinda's debut novel and a 5-star rating from me. 

Happy reading, my friends! Have a great week!
~~ Chantel~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! If you enjoy what you read, have a question, or just want to tell me off ;-), please say it all here!

I did have to restrict anonymous users because there was way too much spam. Sorry about that! If you can't post here and need to reach me, check out my "About" page and contact me through one of those methods. Have a great day!